Duties & Responsibilities
It is the duty of the Department of Public Works to:
- Maintain, repair, clean and remove snow from all public town streets;
- Maintain and operate storm sewers and other drains
- Care for and maintain all town buildings other than those under the jurisdiction of the Board of Education
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of plans and specifications for the construction or reconstruction of streets, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, storm sewers, drains, public buildings and other structures and construct or supervise the construction of the same
- Care for parks, grassed areas in streets and public grounds, including athletic fields under the jurisdiction of the Board of Education and the Parks and Recreation Commission
- Plant and care for trees within the street line
- Maintain the facilities and grounds which come under the jurisdiction of the Water Pollution Control Facility
- Handle the Town's garbage and recycling program
Plans & Projects
- Road Improvements and Water Service Replacement on Blueberry Circle, Raspberry Lane and Strawberry Road; for more information, visit the Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Road Improvements Plan (PDF).
- View the Road Reconstruction and Overlay 5-Year Maintenance Plan (PDF).
- Route 140 from the vicinity of Route 83 (Somers Road) easterly to Route 30 (Stafford Road). For more information, view the Preliminary Engineering Report (PDF).
- 2017 Tree Trimming and Removal. For more information, view the 2017 Tree Trimming and Removal Plan (PDF).