Town of Ellington Annual Town Budget Meeting
NOTICE OF ANNUAL TOWN BUDGET MEETING
TOWN OF ELLINGTON
May 14, 2019
Electors and citizens qualified to vote in Town Meetings are hereby notified that the Annual Town Budget Meeting of the Town of Ellington will be held on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 8:00 p.m., prevailing time, at the Ellington High School, 37 Maple Street, Ellington, CT to consider the following:
To discuss and vote upon resolutions:
- To approve the 5-year road reconstruction/overlay repair plan [pursuant to CGS Sec. 13a-99], as recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- To accept prepaid grants and funds fully reimbursable for the Fiscal Year commencing on July 1, 2019 and ending on June 30, 2020, and to appropriate the same to the Board of Education in a sum estimated at $3,146,158, as recommended by the Board of Education.
- To determine that municipal tax shall be paid in two (2) installments for real estate and personal property tax in excess of six hundred (600) dollars and motor vehicle tax to be paid in one (1) installment with designated due dates as stated in the Connecticut State Statutes, Sections 12-142, 12-144, 12-144a and Public Act 77-343, Section 2 and to waive any property tax due in an amount less than five (5) dollars as stated in the Connecticut State Statutes, Section 12-144c, as recommended by the Tax and Revenue Collector.
- To enter into a 5-year lease agreement for the purchase of the EVFD Forestry Unit w/multi-purpose Class A Pumper in an amount not to exceed $400,000.
- To adjourn the Annual Town Budget Meeting to a referendum to be held on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. with one question:
“SHALL THE TOWN OF ELLINGTON APPROPRIATE, AS RECOMMENDED AND AS ALLOCATED BY THE BOARD OF FINANCE, THE TOTAL SUM FOR ALL EXPENDITURES, A/K/A BUDGET GRAND TOTAL FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2019-2020, $60,738,684?”
Dated at Ellington, Connecticut, this 18th day of April, 2019.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Lori L. Spielman, First Selectman
The five-year road construction/overlay repair plan, BOE prepaid grants allocation and 2019-2020 Budget are on the website and on file in the Town Clerk’s office. The complete budget book is also available at the Hall Memorial Library.
For more information, contact the Finance Office at 860-870-3115 or visit the website at https://www.ellington-ct.gov/504/Budget-2019-2020