Online Tax Payments
The Town of Ellington offers residents an easy and secure way to view, print and pay real estate, personal property and motor vehicle excise taxes as well as sewer bills online. Residents may also make prior year grand list tax payments online. The Town of Ellington supports electronic bill presentment (viewing) and payment because it is more convenient for residents and better for the environment. Click here for answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Online Bill Payment, in partnership with Invoice Cloud, offers the following benefits:
- Easy to use - no registration required
- Access, view and pay your bills online, at your convenience
- Taxpayers have the option to pay immediately or schedule a payment
- Enroll in Auto-Pay
- Create customized payment plans
- Receive an immediate emailed confirmation of payment or print a receipt
- Go Green - sign up for e-billing
Convenience Fees: Online payments will incur a convenience fee. The Town of Ellington receives only your payment amount. Convenience fees cover various administrative costs associated with accepting payments and are non-refundable. The convenience fee amount is automatically calculated and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing. Convenience fees will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your credit card or bank statement.
- The convenience fee when using a credit card is a percentage rate fee of up to 2.95% with a minimum charge of $1.00.
- The convenience fee when using an electronic check is $.95
If you need assistance using online bill pay or you have a question about your account, please call (860) 870-3113 or email email@example.com.
If there is an error in a credit card charge, please contact Invoice Cloud at (877) 256-8330 extension 2700.
Please note: Credit card payments are not accepted at the Tax Collector's Office.