Notice of Road Work - Week of July 27
The following roadways will be chip-sealed the week of July 27th, weather permitting: Crystal Ridge Drive, Burbank Road (from Route 140 to the Stafford Town Line), Mountain Road (from Pinnacle Road to Shenipsit Street), Windermere Avenue (from the Vernon Town Line to Route 286), and Tripp Road.
All-States is the contractor performing this job. The process uses 20% recycled rubber from tires and will leave little loose stone after the application; the contractor will sweep the roadway shortly after the material is applied, and there will be traffic control during the application process.
Please do not park in/on any of these roadways beginning July 27. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Public Works Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
It is the duty of the Department of Public Works to:
- Maintain, repair, clean and remove snow from all public town streets;
- Maintain and operate storm sewers and other drains
- Care for and maintain all town buildings other than those under the jurisdiction of the Board of Education
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of plans and specifications for the construction or reconstruction of streets, sidewalks, curbs, gutters, storm sewers, drains, public buildings and other structures and construct or supervise the construction of the same
- Care for parks, grassed areas in streets and public grounds, including athletic fields under the jurisdiction of the Board of Education and the Parks and Recreation Commission
- Plant and care for trees within the street line
- Maintain the facilities and grounds which come under the jurisdiction of the Water Pollution Control Facility
- Handle the Town's garbage and recycling program
Plans & Projects
- View the press release regarding Bridge Work Over Charter Brook
- View the Road Reconstruction and Overlay 5-Year Maintenance Plan (PDF).
Ellington congratulates Department of Public Works recent UConn CT Technology Transfer Center Graduates.
Pictured: left to right - Josh Hebert [Road Master Program]; Taylor Olson [Transportation Leadership Program]; Spencer Hutchinson and Phillip Kidney [Public Works Academy]. Nice job!!