- The Connecticut Foundation Solutions Indemnity Company, LLC (CFSIC) will officially launch on Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. It will begin accepting applications for foundation replacements and reimbursements at this time. The following links will provide you with more information concerning the launch of CFSIC and its website.
- CFCIS Will Launch January 10, 2019
- Connecticut Foundation Solutions Indemnity Company, Inc. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Update from the CRCOG Ad Hoc Crumbling Foundations Committee (12/17/2018) (click here)
CBDG Crumbling Concrete Testing Program
Anyone wishing to provide a letter of support or comment on the application noted below, please click here for contact information.
Pursuant to the application process and requirements for the Department of Housing (DOH) Crumbling Foundation Testing Program Funds under the Small Cities Community Development Block Grant program, all municipalities must hold a public hearing to invite citizen participation. As co-applicants in this process, I am sharing with you the attached Legal Notice which will appear in Thursday July 19th’s Hartford Courant.
Please note that the Public Hearing will be held at 7:35 pm, Tuesday, August 21, 2018, Third Floor - Town Council Chambers in the Town Hall Memorial Building, 14 Park Place, Vernon, Connecticut.
Please note that Notice also outlines where residents may send written comments, if they are unable to attend the Public Hearing on 8/21/18.
We are cordially inviting you and members of your community to attend.
- Homeowners can begin applying for reimbursements by visiting www.foundationtesting.org and submitting an application.
- A phone line has been established at 860-724-4277. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Foundation Inspection and Assessment Adjustment Application.pdf
- PA16-45 HB-05180 An Act Concerning Concrete Foundations.pdf @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
For more information contact:
Department of Consumer Protection
165 Capitol Avenue
Hartford , Connecticut 06106-1630
Main Telephone: (860) 713-6100
Consumer Info / Complaints: (860) 713-6300
Consumer Complaints Fax: (860) 707-1966
Toll-Free: (800) 842-2649
TDD: (860) 713-7240
Connecticut Coalition Against Crumbling Basements CCACB.ORG
Facebook: Connecticut Coalition Against Crumbling Basements
Twitter: Crumbling Basements @ccacb_org
Jonathan Harris, Commission of the State Department of Consumer Protection, stated that people who are affected by crumbling foundations need to file a complaint to assist with the investigation. He added that homeowners don't need to have a structural engineer inspect homes prior to registering with the state. Please see the attached form or visit the State Website.