90-Day Deferment on Taxes Including Real Estate, Personal Property, Motor Vehicles, and Sewer Use Fees
In response to the Governor’s Executive Order which provides relief from certain municipal tax deadlines, the Board of Selectmen voted on April 13, 2020 to approve, effective immediately, a deferment of ninety (90) days of any taxes on real estate, personal property or motor vehicles, or municipal sewer use or sewer assessments, from the time that it became due and payable.
The grace periods have been extended as follows:
- April 1 Sewer Use is extended from May 1, 2020 to July 1, 2020
- June 1 Sewer Assessment is extended from July 1, 2020 to September 1, 2020
- July 1 Real Estate, Personal Property, and Motor Vehicle taxes is extended from August 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Real estate accounts in escrow and paid by a bank are not eligible for this program
- No application is required for taxpayers, including businesses
- Following the 90 days, the portion that remains delinquent shall be subject to a statutory interest rate of 1.5% per month from the original due date
- This program does not address taxes that are already past due. It is not an amnesty or waiver of interest or other charges on taxes that are already delinquent
Please, stay home, stay safe, and let’s continue to flatten the curve. We can get through this together if we stay apart.